Saturday, July 5, 2008

Drugs

Sadly, no festival without drugs.
The Festival as an institution tries to hammer the message home:But then, at this stall you can openly shop for various smoking paraphernalia...... and no doubt the sales guy would be happy to direct you to the nearest dealer.

It appears to be a losing battle.

So far the police have confiscated far larger quantities of drugs than earlier years. Not only the (at least over here) 'traditional' festival stuff like marijuana and hashish, but also this year a large number of E's and some cocaine. And a few days ago a Norwegian festival goer went into cardiac arrest after taking heroin, and remains comatose in hospital.

All I can say is: I've been to the Festival several times (though it's been many years now), and I never had any trouble having a good time without drugs. It really shouldn't be so hard...

2 comments:

hoosiertoo said...

I'm told I've been to several great shows and events.

You'd think I'd remember...

Crystal Lynn said...

Are you still stuck in traffic????